Thursday, May 20, 2010

So the rules as I'm thinking...

So here are the rules I am going to set out for this supper club. Rules seems so formal but here it goes. The host or hostess will select a menu theme or simply a menu they like and select the recipes that they want to enjoy that evening at the get together. Decide on how many people will be attending and then have at least that many recipes to choose from.
Now as the host/ess, you get to make the main course. So work your menu around that. Where do the recipes come from? Well wherever you want! Cookbooks, magazines, the web, blogs, friends or family. Be sure to get your invitees to "sign up" for a recipe and give them that recipe to work with. It really is that simple, no thinking about what you have to make for the dinner.
Not to worry though as host/ess, you get to lighten your load next time by bringing something easy, like oh a bottle of wine or some napkins-lol! That really is up to the group. This is just a great way to get together with friends or create new friends using food. A real fun neighbourhood party too. The ideas could be endless. And the best part is you can have as many or as little people there. You can do it with as little as 4 or as many as well, your house can handle!
I planned my first menu and will post some of the recipes for you too so that you can get started if you like. As the hostess for my first supper club, I think sirloin steak is the main course but I might sneak in some venison too! I want to keep that part a surprise:) I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment